Monday, July 4, 2011

Levi and Caleb, March to June 2011

Caleb and Levi are two very different boys, and I try not to group them together, or even call them "twins." But as far as telling what they've been up to lately, and in an effort to actually get this up to date sometime soon, I put them together. They do, after all, spend probably 95% of their time together.

They've made numerous houses for their monkeys, the big one is "Papa" and the small one is "Ookers," because he says "ook, ook, ook, ook," of course.


The monkeys have both had lots of rockets and space ships made for them, too. Ookers is strapped to a block rocket with a rubber band here.



It was totally by chance we ended up with two of these shirts - my sister sent us one, and then John bought one at a garage sale. It took a while to even realize they are exactly the same. It's not often they wear them at the same time, though. I always wonder if anyone besides us can tell them apart. Can you?? I also think it will be interesting to see Ellie's response to seeing two brothers who look alike, if she'll be able to tell them apart right away or not. It was funny, there was a picture sitting on the counter of Caleb wearing a shirt they each have one of (from the hospital picnic) and Levi said, "there's a really cute picture of either Caleb or me." He couldn't even tell who it was (it was a recent picture, too)!



John's sister invited us to their hotel swimming pool when she was in town, they had a fun time. Levi and Caleb both like the water pretty well. They took swimming lessons in June, and did quite well. They both passed the first level!



A new sleeping bag? This is Levi, inside Caleb's pillow case.



They helped (a little) paint their room! I decided that it was about time Caleb and Levi got to choose how to paint their room, and to make them curtains. So I let them each choose a color and I painted two walls each color.





Levi wanted orange, although it's a little more yellow than orange. He doesn't seem to mind.



Caleb wanted green. Their curtains are green and orange, too.


When we went to visit Grandparents over Memorial Day weekend, Levi and Caleb shared the bottom bunk. This is how they fell asleep. They are best friends!


Most of the time, they really don't even sleep on their beds! They both seem to love the floor.







Digging in the dirt is a favorite pastime. Snow shovels are great - year round fun :).



They both seem to talk Daddy into putting them on his shoulders quite often :).




Caleb and Levi are fun little guys. They do love to play together, and they watch out for each other. They get along most of the time - but when they don't, they are really mad at each other! It will be interesting to see as they go to school, and meet new friends, how they interact. I can't believe they're almost 5 and will start kindergarten soon!!

3 comments:

Kellie said...

I think I can tell them apart in the last picture. Levi is on the left and Caleb on the right. But the one with them in the same shirt is HARD! If I had to guess I'd say Levi is on the left and caleb on the right...but I don't know! I can't believe how big they are! Will they start Kindergarden this year too?

Garth and Linda said...

I loved the song, Heather's children are learning it as well and it sounds about the same.
I have no clue which was which but they are sure cute.

Deb said...

i would guess the same as kellie. caleb on the right. (and it's so funny they have matching shirts, after your efforts to keep them separate! :)